At Pilot, we don’t withhold taxes for contractors.

If you’re a contractor, you may want to register as self-employed or set up a business entity as you’ll be responsible for paying your taxes. We recommend finding a local tax advisor to provide information on how to go about filing your taxes. They’ll be better equipped to advise you based on your specific case.

Your company may require you to fill out a tax document form, which is the W-9 form if you’re a US citizen, or the W-8 form if you’re a Non-US citizen. Pilot enables contractors to complete and submit these forms directly on the platform.


We’re here to help! Reach out at, or use the live chat option at

Did this answer your question?